Buyer ProtectProtect your moving costs if something goes wrong
Buyer Protect: The ultimate homebuyer’s reimbursement scheme because many things can go wrong when purchasing a property and your investment matters.
Convey With Me Ltd, understands the stresses associated with buying a property or moving home. We recognise that buying a home has a large amount of capital riding on the transaction, and there can be a high risk of the purchase falling through.
To help protect your investment, we offer Buyer Protect, the ultimate homebuyer’s reimbursement scheme. We give you the option to add our Buyer Protect Reimbursement Scheme to your purchase quote to provide a high level of homebuyer protection for your purchase.
Buyer Protect covers your property purchase if the transaction falls through, in which case they would be reimbursed some of their expenses up to the value of £2,050.*
Claim up to £2,050 with Buyer Protect if your property purchase falls through.*
Solicitor disbursements (searches)
Non-refundable mortgage arrangement fees
Explore the scheme further
Here is a breakdown of the costs you will stand to get re-imbursed for reasons within the scheme:
- Up to £500 in non-refundable, mortgage lender arrangement fees, mortgage broker fees, product and booking fees.
- Up to £750 in valuation fees (homebuyer, structural surveys etc.).
- Up to £800 in solicitor’s fees and disbursement costs.
When you request a quote through Convey With Me, you will have the option to include the benefit of our Buyer Protect Re-Imbursement Scheme in addition to the many features included in our standard service such as our anytime access to our ‘Online Tracking System’ which keeps you up to date on where your property transaction is and what is outstanding AND real time emails ‘When it Happens’ with up to the minute information on the progress of your case.
Very Important Notice: Items included in the scheme for re-imbursement must only be paid after full payment of the search pack and the scheme costs which are provided in our quotes. Any items paid PRIOR to payment of the searches and scheme being confirmed, can not be included in the scheme. Please ask for a quote today and protect your money from the cost of buying a property in the event it goes wrong within the validity of the scheme. See validity.
Any of the following events, that occur during the period of guarantee and lead to your purchase of the property failing:
- The property is withdrawn from sale by the vendor due to reasons beyond your control.
- The vendor receives and accepts an offer from a third party, which is a minimum of £1000 greater than the offer from you previously accepted by them.
- A Local Authority search highlights that the property is:
- The subject of a compulsory purchase order;
- In a flood plain;
- On contaminated land; or,
- Over a mining area; and you decided not to proceed with the purchase of the property.
- The vendor is not legally entitled to sell the property or to transfer interest in the property to you.
- You or the person who is buying the property with you:
- die and the survivor is unable or unwilling to continue with the purchase; or,
- are given notice of redundancy and you are unable or unwilling to continue with the purchase; or;
- are given notice of relocation and you are unable or unwilling to continue with the purchase.
- You are diagnosed with a terminal illness and are unable or unwilling to continue the purchase.
- The initial mortgage lender’s valuation of the property is less than 90% of the sum you have offered for the
property and which has been accepted by the vendor.
- The mortgage lenders survey or valuation identifies rectification work that needs to be carried out to the property, the cost of which exceeds 5% of the sum you have offered and which has been accepted by the vendor.
- The mortgage lender applies a retention on the loan for the property and this figure exceeds 5% of the sum you have offered for the property and which has been accepted by the vendor.
- The property sustains damage during the period of guarantee where the total cost of rectification work exceeds 5% of the property value.
At what point in the process does the scheme’s benefits start?
Once the searches for your property purchase are ordered, the scheme will commence and is valid for 12 months.
- If one of the aforementioned events happened before searches have been confirmed by your solicitor as being instructed.
- If you are subject to a contracts race, auction or sealed bids.
- If you are buying a mobile home, caravan or any other type of non-permanent dwelling.
- If you withdraw from the purchase of the property for reasons other than those mentioned.
- If you deliberately and/or knowingly cause a delay or use unreasonable behaviour that results in the failed purchase.
- If the purchase has not exchanged within 12 months of being registered with the scheme which starts when your searches are ordered.
- If you are aware of a previous survey having been carried out to the property that may give cause for the purchase to fail or of any other circumstances, which could lead to the failure of the mortgage completing.
- Where you can be reimbursed by your employer or obtain a refund, from the lender or solicitor.
- You will not be reimbursed for a mortgage arrangement fee if you still use the newly arranged mortgage on the next purchase.
- In the case of redundancy you will not be reimbursed if you are self-employed, if you have taken voluntary redundancy or if you are a company director or partner of the company giving notice of redundancy.
- You will be not reimbursed if you provide false or fraudulent information.
In the unfortunate event that you need to make a claim on the scheme, you will simply be asked to fully complete an online form and upload any documents requested.
Your claim will be fully reviewed within 7 working days and if successful payment will be sent to you within 10 working days thereafter.
This is NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY; Buyer Protect is a reimbursement scheme giving an added benefit when choosing conveyancing through Convey With Me Ltd, whose scheme partner will reimburse you when genuine documents to substantiate the losses are confirmed and the claim falls within the scheme’s plan.
Need more information?
What do our customers say?
"We were more than satisfied with our dealings with your organisation, we were kept informed at every stage. We found our conveyancer most professional and reassuring throughout the quite stressful purchase"Mr Ken Johnson
“Really good to be kept informed of all steps made in the progress of my sale, and I liked seeing it broken down so that I knew what needed to be done to complete. Excellent service!”Miss Clare Howells