The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal data we collect and how we may use it.
When you accept our quote for conveyancing and confirm to proceed with your transaction, either verbally or in writing, we require your name, email address, contact phone number and correspondence address and other property address details, if applicable. This is provided on the system through a 3rd party or directly through yourself by email or verbally. This information may include mortgage details of an exisitng mortgage but never your personal bank details.
We use your personal information to share with our panel of authorized solicitor firms and 3rd party contacts to communicate about your conveyancing transaction. This information is shared with parties involved in your conveyancing transaction such as yourself, your estate agent, mortgage broker, our panel solicitor firm, the selling agent and the solicitor acting for the other party, if necessary. We do not make your information public, your information is kept safe and secure.
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, once your details are passed on, those involved will have their own privacy policies in place on how they store and process your informaiton. We will retain your information for marketing purposes to stay in touch about our products and services, to invite you to leave us feedback, participate in our surveys and/or to communicate with you should it be required by a government agency.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal data provided by you (a user) or through a 3rd party, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation and the General Data Protection Regulation.
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by getting in touch with us using the details below.
Convey With Me Ltd pertaining to the following website addresses equally: https://www.conveywithme.com/and https://www.conveywithme.co.uk
The automated communication tool owned by Convey With Me Ltd, known as the ‘System’ requires the collections of Personal Data directly from users or 3rd parties, of which authorization is required. Members of the public can not access any personal data of our users.
Owner and Data Controller
Company Director of Convey With Me Ltd, 34a Bridge Street, Morpeth, Northumberland NE61 1NL
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this System collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies, Usage Data, first name, last name, phone number, address, country, email address, city and various types of Data.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, collected by a 3rd party authorised to use the System.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this the system, is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for Convey With Me Ltd to provide its services under the terms of business with our 3rd party contacts. In cases where the system specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this System (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies, authorized users) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
The system does not process personal data in the public domain.
Legal basis of processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by an authorised third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until you ‘Opt Out’ .
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests, including marketing will include name, surname and email, shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once you ‘Opt Out’, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Contacting the User, Data transfer outside the EU, Platform services and hosting, Displaying content and Managing contacts and sending messages.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time.Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data.Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data.Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification.Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data.Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed.Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller.Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint.Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document. Users agree that a request to ‘opt out’ of personal data being processed to the owner, does not change agreements between the owner and 3rd party authorised users for which the information was agreed for processing and such agreements will continue without disruption after the date of the ‘opt out’ taking effect. All 3rd Party users are responsible for their own GDPR compliance.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this System or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User’s Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this System and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this System (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the end of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This System does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honour the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Definitions and legal references
System: Convey With Me Ltd’s securely hosted communication platform for residential conveyancing.
How Personal Data is collected and used:
- Contact form, Personal Data: Name, surname, address, city, country, postcode, email address, and phone numberm shared with Our Panel Solicitor Firms and 3rd party companies, involved in your property transactio.
- Email, For emailing you regarding your transaction, updates, assistance and answering your queries. Personal Data, email address, name, surname, address, phone number.
- Testimonials The form on this site is used to collect the data requested and this is the ONLY information we share into the public domain, on our website, facebook, twitter, instagram, linked in and other social media platforms which we deem useful for brand and market awareness regarding feedback from you. We are not responsible for the data posted on our testimonial link, after it has been posted to any public domain.
- Email Marketing Purposes to stay in touch regarding our products, services, blog posts, invites, feedback requests, Personal Data: email address, first name and last name
- Constant Contact, Used for emailing bulk for our emailing marketing purposes as stated on this list. Personal Data, email address
- Phone contact, To phone you for updates and information regarding your transaction: Personal Data: first name, surname, address, email, phone number
- Data transfer from the EU and/or Switzerland to the U.S based on Privacy Shield, Data transfer to countries that guarantee European standards, Data transfer abroad based on standard contractual clauses, Data transfer abroad based on consent and Other legal basis for Data transfer abroad data transfer outside the EU Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
- Analytics Google Analytics Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
- Unique device identification This System may track Users by storing a unique identifier of their device, for analytics purposes or for storing Users’ preferences only.
- Personal Data collected through sources other than the User The Owner of this System may have legitimately collected Personal Data relating to Users without their knowledge by reusing or sourcing them from third parties on the grounds mentioned in the section specifying the legal basis of processing. Where the Owner has collected Personal Data in such a manner, Users may find specific information regarding the source within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
- 3rd Parties Where we work with Estate Agents, Mortgage Brokers and Individuals who refer your personal data to us for processing. Those parties are responsible for compliance around GDPR in how your details were retrieved. We are not liable for any 3rd party who refers details to us.
- The System is not directed to children under the age of 13 Users declare themselves to be adult according to their applicable legislation. Minors may use this System only with the assistance of a parent or guardian. Under no circumstance persons under the age of 13 may use this System.
- Owner and Data Controller: Company Director, Convey With Me Ltd, 34a Bridge Street, Morpeth, Northumberland NE61 1NL
- Owner contact email: email@example.com
- Date of Last Modification: 23/05/2018
We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site to allow us to see how we’re doing by seeing where our traffic comes from and what areas of our website they like.
A cookie is an element of data that our Website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
If you have any questions about privacy please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org